whatnot and such, per se
musings, nonsense, oddities, rants, observations, beauty, sarcasm, what have you. take it/leave it, if you will.
3.23.2009
ugly, part II - and ***the reserves***
you asked for them. well, one person did. and here they are. the latest additions to the ugly collection...

maeve


teased


sondra


dale


megabitch
side note: these are disgusting. they're cow fur. it was quite a moral dilemma when purchasing them, but i finally came to the conclusion that they were within my rules, as they are used.




***
so that's the latest haul. but i thought, just this once, i might give you a sneak peak into my personal collection (not for sale), which i call, "the reserves."


this was my grandmother's.


an antique store find a few years ago.


mike's packer-sunday getup. the wool, plaid pants belonged to his uncle and the retro packer sweater was a sweet-sweet vinnies find.


a very recent addition to the reserves. i plan to wear this to drag skate this year. which i think will be held in october. you'll know it when it hits you.


i wore this antique-store felt hat out for our anniversary a few weeks ago.


i saved this one for last. i love it! i'll be wearing it to a wedding or two this summer. see more photos for more excitement...

this one shows the colors and bow better.

...and the quality in the lining

sorry, i'm really excited about this last one!!



oh, did you notice my new mannequins? i'm getting there! and in case you missed round one of my ugly collection, here it is. viola!

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:
Blogger lattegrrl said...
Bravo! I like Maeve. Like really. I don't think it is ugly. But I guess that is the beauty of it.

Blogger Unknown said...
I liked Maeve as well. I also like the reserve pieces you are keeping for yourself! Sondra reminded me of something Iackee' would wear on "227"!

Blogger Jane Carlstrom said...
Neat things all. Of course, the hat brought me here ;) and worth the trip. It looks great on you (am assuming that is you modeling).

Blogger Swoon Queen said...
Did you name Sondra for Sondra Huxtable? 'cause she was the first person I thought of when I saw that garb....

I would wear Maeve... and your felt hat is purty.

Blogger Reem Tara said...
I have to agree with Andrew re: Jackee from 227, one of my all time favorite television characters. Those shoulders...hot damn. Fantastic finds!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
i love them all and hope to see you personally modeling them at work very soon!

Blogger jx said...
maeve is made of this totally thick and stiff polyester. so that's the ugly part. i miss 227. sondra was just an 80's name that i thought personified the power-dress. both sondra and teased go great with the megabitch shoes, btw. thanks for reading and commenting!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
oooohhhhh i like maeve!!! sassy but classy!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi there ..... I had seen ur blog 3 days ago....

i like those high heels , cool and cute heels photos!

keep it up !

Blogger Amy Anderson said...
I'm curious as to how the name tease came about!